my courses in mandarin




Back in primary or secondary school during exam periods, granny would always ask me this question when she sees me studying..

theng yat hao mat yeh? [what papers are you having tmr?]

back in those times there was no problem translating the names of those subjects to cantonese and explain it to her...

the translation part became more n more difficult since i started foundation.

few days back, i was asked a similar question

bai yat hao mat yeh? [what paper are you having on Monday?]

then i stopped for a while....

pondered...

pondered....


and i can't seem to find a proper way to describe to her the courses I'm enrolled in currently.

so i end up saying

Aiyahh!! psychology la.

granny : -__-


since I'm feeling lame now, will study the chinese names of my courses so that i can give her satisfying answers in future hahaha

well, i have the lighter purple text is my translation of the name while the ones in darker purple are direct translations that are VERY ACCURATE thank you :)



Advanced Research Methodology
(direct translation in canto)

Biopsychology
(direct translation in mandarin)

Conflict Resolution
(direct translation in mandarin)


Human Services
(direct translation in mandarin)

Quantitative Methods
(direct translation in mandarin)








what?

i tried my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

kontradikcion Design by Insight © 2009